So of course, little man wanted some, so I held his arms and let him have a sip of the weak jasmine tea. He gets a taste, looks up and and goes, "ahhh..." as if to say it is delicious. Of course, all salespeople then have to laugh and smile at him and shake his hand, etc. I am telling you, this little guy is just a charmer!! We also went to dinner as a group to a local restaurant, and again, I was so worried about it, but again, Ben was great and ate A LOT!!
I realized there was just no way I could carry Ben all week, so we rented a little stroller from the hotel for the week. We weren't sure what he would think of it, having never been in a stroller, but he was OK with it.
Three more adoptive families have joined our group of four families, making us a group of 7 adoptive families from CCAI. It has been great to meet other families and hear their stories. As one mom said to me today, once you have adopted, there is this automatic connection you have with every adoptive family you meet..it is just so true!
In addition to CCAI families, we have seen about 8 other families with other agencies at this hotel. It is a BIG hotel, but all the same, it seems like every time you turn a corner, you run into another family. Our hotel is not even the most popular for adoptive families, many agencies use a hotel called The Garden Hotel. If ours looks like this, I can't imagine what The Garden must be like!
Our CCAI guides are great and give us a detailed itinerary each day with optional activities. Tomorrow morning we have Ben's (and all the other kids') medical exam which is required prior to our consulate appointment. There is an optional Pearl River Cruise at 5:45pm, but seeing as Ben's bedtime is 7:30pm, I think we are going to pass on that. We may instead head out to a park in the afternoon or to Shamian Island for a look around. We heard there is a Catholic church there, so we may see if we can get a little blessing over our Ben before we leave is homeland.
Here are some photos from today:
The famous pagoda at the temple
I love this face he makes, like, "You guys are nuts!"
He loves to grab his feet and un-velcro his shoes..then take them off... then take off his socks...
Thank you Aunt Kristy for my Nantucket shirt!
We have been co-sleeping with Ben, but we accepted the crib figuring it would block one side of the bed-today he wanted to play in the crib- he acted like it was a bouncy house-it was pretty funny.

4 comments:
Dear Ben,
There is a two year old here who needs some restaurant lessons from you. Can't wait to add a seat at brunch;)
Ashu just figured out how to take off his socks, and he is over three. ..shoes too
Amazing what your little guy can do.
Oh I just love all of the pictures. I get happily teary every time I read one of your updates. Ben is doing great. All three of you look so happy together. I am just so very thrilled for you. When Molly was about Ben's age she would take her shoes and socks off every time we got in the car, even if we were only in the car a short while by the time we got to where we were going both shoes and socks were on the floor.
So sweet!!
Post a Comment