It was quick, first someone gave a brief speech about what each document was, and about applying for the kids' social security card, then we all took an oath together indicating that all information provided was true, then each family was called to the window and that was it.
In related news, Ben LOVES his dad. Dad has Ben all figured out, and they love to laugh and play together. At the Consulate, while waiting for the van to pick us up, Tom and Ben rode up and down the escalator over and over. Tom would point me out to Ben, and from far away I would wave, and Ben would wave back and laugh and laugh. Ben longer cries or fusses when I hand him to Tom, and this afternoon I laid down for a minute and Tom and Ben went to the executive lounge by themselves and had coffee (Tom) and bananas (both). I am glad Tom can see what I always knew- he is such a good dad and Ben just adores him! The final step will be Tom changing a poopy diaper...but we're waiting to get home to jump that last hurdle!!
We will need to break the habit of napping with a bottle eventually...
Wait, I can't stand up in here...
I am definitely happiest when Mom and Dad are playing with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment