Monday, November 19, 2012

Not TA, but good for now!

Today, FINALLY we received an update on Ben.  I admit last week Monday I had a bit of a mental break and e-mailed our agency again just desperate for an update after waiting a month and a half for one. She had already asked for one, but I think she took pity on me (kind woman) and asked again.  Something about this being the exact point at which our last adoption went awry just started really impacting me a few weeks ago, and I had begun spinning insane stories in my mind of what could possibly be wrong that was resulting in no updates for us.

But today, THERE HE WAS.  And a half page update, which included the sentence, "he is in the institute" which I think was put in specifically for me, so I would know he is where they have said he is.  And he is WALKING while holding on to things, has taken a few steps unassisted, has 3 teeth with two more coming in (glad I packed the tylenol and homeopathic teething meds), naps for just an hour a day (!) and is eating all kinds of foods.  He is 23 lbs, sounding pretty happy and healthy. It is such a relief to see new pictures of him. Here he is:

Meanwhile, we wait for Travel Approval.  We are currently "first in line" according to various Facebook groups and adoption forums, along with 2 other families who have also been waiting 11 days.  Fingers crossed it comes this week!

2 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Awwww!! He is doing great!! This is definite evidence he is getting good care there! Walking?? Whoa...double check your childproofing. :) But seriously, that is great to hear that he is getting personal attention and encoragement to the point that he is walking. He looks like a happy and healthy little dude too! LOVE hearing you are "first in line"!!!!

kelly said...

So exciting to get updated pictures! I love Benjamin's baby hands, so sweet =)

Yay, first in line! Hope for that TA soon!!!