Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy Early Birthday Ben!

Last weekend we went to my brother and sister in law's house to celebrate my sister in law Ashley's birthday.  Ashley's daughter Reagan is 2 months younger than Ben, so we are counting on them being good friends.


My family surprised us by also having a birthday cake for Ben!  


Then after we all showered Ashley with our gifts for her, they surprised Tom and I with a birthday "shoebox" to send to Ben. Each person or family had added a toy to the shoe box for Ben's birthday.  My family has been our biggest cheerleaders and they are just THE BEST. The biggest hope I have for my kids is to end up with a family like mine (and my biggest challenge is going to be building that family!)

Admittedly,  can't bring myself to send the shoebox. I am keeping it home for Ben to play with here, his 1st birthday gift. 

Ironically enough, I had brought 2 signs for Ben's birthday "shoe box" I planned to send, one that says Min Yong Happy Birthday! and the other that says Min Yong We Love You!  I did get great pictures of Ben's cousins holding them, 




Tomorrow is day 52 of our LOA wait, I hoping with all my heart that it comes in the next 3 weeks, and maybe, maybe we can travel by Christmas.




6 comments:

Heidi said...

How wonderful! I love that your family is so excited for Ben to get home! When is his birthday? I hope and pray you get your paperwork this week!

Tom and Kara said...

Oh I missed such an important fact! It is October 9.

kelly said...

How fun, what a great surprise :) hurry up paperwork!

Heidi said...

Molly has an October birthday as well. Hers is the 21st.

Jennifer A. said...

What a great time! And how thoughtful of your family?! I can only imagine Ben's 2nd Birthday party! :) Oh yes...and get here soon paperwork, the holidays are coming and Ben needs his Mommy & Daddy!

Lee and Martha said...

I have been meaning to write….Your family if the greatest! The support they offer is amazing. Happy Early Birthday Ben!