Tuesday, July 24, 2012


Today I mailed out our first care package, which felt GREAT! We found out that the orphanage would not be notified about us until just a few months before our trip to China, so receiving our package will let them know Xiao Yong, as they call him, (Little Yong) has parents!

We also received our notification that our application for a second extension of our I-800a approval has been received- I added to our STACK of notifications from USCIS over the years…. J  We found out the last time around, when we postponed our trip to Poland and Tom moved an already scheduled work flight to accommodate our fingerprint appointment, that our USCIS office would have allowed us to walk in for fingerprints before our appointment date. Would you ever have guessed? So this time, once we have the appointment form, we may try the walk in.

Yesterday we also received the copy of all of Min Yong’s paperwork from our agency.  All of the documents we had already seen, which included several medical reports and multiple development reports (after seeing all this, I can’t believe Poland sent me one piece of paper), but to our surprise there were 2 new pictures!!!  We received 5 photos originally, 2 from June 2012 and 3 from probably somewhere between January –March 2012.   Now we also have one little black in white picture attached to a medical form from December 2011, and another picture soon following his lip surgery, so probably early-mid May.  In addition, we realized that the 3 from January-March were scanned photos, and here were the originals!  I think any adoptive mom knows how obsessively you stare at those referral photos, memorizing every last piece of your child. Those pictures are now my most prized possession.  

I can’t believe I’ve only waited 4 days for this LOA, with 3-4 months to go. Luckily our calendar in the coming months is FULL, we all know how it is to try to pass the time…

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh I just love that you get to send him care packages and that you received more pictures. That is incredible!

The Jamisons said...

So exciting to see such progress! And having those pictures - priceless :)

kelly said...

Pictures, so exciting!! How fun to be able to send care packages :)

Jennifer A. said...

Yay, you got to send him a care package, how very cool! And great that you got more pictures. Yes...crazy how the process is so different from Poland...one piece of paper versus lots of info. The more info the better in preparing for bringing him home!

Laura and Brian said...

Yay!!!

Lee and Martha said...

Just so thrilled for you!!